Thursday, April 19, 2007

Blossoms


Trees in bloom!

Here in Colorado, we have four distinct seasons. However, our altitude and latitude mean that the warmer times are shorter than in many places. So it is great to finally see, almost a month after the equinox, some signs of Spring. The American Robin is appearing with greater regularity, and now the trees and flowers are starting to bloom from the buds.

Walking to my car to go to lunch today, I pointed my camera phone toward this white blossom on the trees outside the building where I work and snapped this shot. The blooming tree with the building nearby, and the backdrop of the deep blue Colorado sky made a nice image of the season here along the Front Range. The quality of the camera in my phone continues to amaze me at how good the pictures actually turn out.

No comments: