General Powell echoes the main reasons I also support Senator Obama. These include:
- Senator McCain's poor judgment in selecting Governor Palin as his running mate, when she is obviously unqualified to be President
- The possibility of at least two more Supreme Court appointments of a conservative bent
- The low road taken in these closing days of the campaign by Senator McCain's team
- Not only the misrepresentation of Mr. Obama as a Muslim, but that it even matters what his religion may be, when there explicitly no religious test for public office, as stated in the Constitution of the United States
- Barack Obama is a new generation, a transitional figure in American history, when the nation can ill-afford four-to-eight more years of basically the same failed policies of the past eight.
I have embedded today's Meet the Press below.