Friday, August 31, 2007

Nesting Owls


Owls nesting on an office building in Englewood, Colorado

Yes, I know this is a pretty sorry excuse for a picture, but it is the best shot I could get so far. This photo was taken with a telephoto lens, hand holding the camera, and shooting through the dark glass of my office building that is next to the one where these birds are nesting. Still, I wanted to put this up, because these are such beautiful animals.

This pair has found a safe perch in the eaves of the rooftop of one of the buildings on the campus where I work. You can see that they are situated down behind the girder, with just their heads peering out over the top. They appear rather docile during the daylight hours, as they are nocturnal creatures. Still they watch out over the landscape on and off during the day. I am curious to see if we have some baby owls making their appearance in the near future.

No comments: