Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Do You WaMu?

Last week, a few days after the debacle that was Washington Mutual, I opened the mailbox and what did I see? A preapproved credit card offer from WaMu! Oh boy, oh boy! Easy credit from a defunct bank! Then watching MSNBC's "Countdown with Keith Olberman" last night, they were talking about the takeover of troubled Wachovia Bank by Citigroup. Then the commercials came on, and there was a beautifully-produced spot trying to convince me to get a credit card from Wachovia, asking "Are you with Wachovia?".

Maybe someone will try to sell me a Plymouth today. Or perhaps I will get a solicitation from MCI. Looks like media campaigns are hard to stop once they get going! The thing with WaMu, they were spending a fortune. Both I and the Lovely Spouse got offers from them at least once a week, and we don't, and never have had, any business dealings with them. Maybe they should have saved the cost of all that postage and printing!

No comments: