Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hot & Refreshing

I have never been one to drink alcoholic beverages, not because of any moral aversion, but merely because I never cultivated a taste for them. One thing I do like though, is a plain, spicy Bloody Mary mix, sans booze. The problem is that the mix contains the evil high-fructose corn syrup that is making us all fat. There is no need to have that ingredient, and I don't know why they put it in. So here is what I do.

Take a tall glass and drop in a few ice cubes. Then take a bottle of Frank's Red Hot cayenne pepper sauce (preferably the XTRA HOT variety) and give about 6-to-8 shakes into the glass. Then pour in the V-8 vegetable juice and stir. If you like, give a couple of shakes of salt and add a the juice of a lemon slice. That is some good refreshment that gives your taste buds a real tingle as well. Plus, it is very healthy and good for you.

I love it! As you can see from the photos, I have already partaken from these containers, both of which were opened brand new just last night. MMMMmmmmm!!

No comments: